A Hi Temp Titanium Swimming Pool Heat Pump uses electricity to operate. They are actually a form of solar heater, as the sun-warmed air contributes to the efficiency of these units. This heat is extracted from the air, upgraded with a compressor, and then transferred to the water.
For those who enjoy swimming regardless of the weather, a Hi Temp Titanium Heat Pump is the best option available. It is also the preferred method for therapy or athletic trainers, and also when a home is not “solar feasible” (i.e. solar will not fit on roof.) A Hi Temp Titanium heat Pump, when properly sized, can maintain any desired pool temperature between 28 and 35 degrees centigrade, regardless of outside weather conditions. A Hi Temp Titanium heat Pump will work when the outside air temperature is above 8 degrees centigrade.
Due to their high efficiency, Hi Temp Titanium Heat Pumps have a low cost of operation. Typically, for every 20 cents of electric input, you receive R1.00 worth of heat. This is due to the coefficient of performance.
You bought your pool for a number of reasons like family fun, exercise, entertaining and possibly even therapeutic reasons. However you’ve probably found that without heating your pool it’s often too cold to enjoy. Heating your pool will allow you to enjoy it all season, perhaps all year round, thereby increasing the return on your sizable investment.
Hi Temp Titanium Heat pumps will typically last between 10 to 15 years or more. Because heat pumps are a mechanical device with many moving parts, they require periodic service by an A/C technician.
There are two basic types of pool heating systems: Solar, Electric Heat Pump. Deciding which system is best for you and your pool is determined by considering the factors below:
- Water temperature desired
- Swimming season desired
- Geographic location / climate
- Spending plans / project budget
- The size/shape of the pool, plus shading/wind factors
- Cost of operation
- Heat water to your preferred temperature-set & go
- Latest technology that is built to last
- Easy to control LED display which can be installed on the unit or remote for easy access
- 50mm standard coupling connections for easy installation
- Silent and easy to operate
- Very competitively priced – great value for money